Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Looking for a Balance


I need for several things to line up in my little universe for this project to gain enough traction to come close to completion.

First I need the material, that is to say enough vocal charts to get it moving. Then I need the folks to play the charts. Both of these things I’ve done to the point where I can put a little checkmark next to the items they represent on my iPod Touch.

Then I need an engineer who understands how very different this kind of recording is from the “normal” three-piece power pop combo, a room big enough to accommodate us all at once, and a piano, a real, live piano of the non-electric sort.

These are the three items that I’m stuck on right now. All bets are off if I can’t find these three things. I know a lot of guys who take this recording business very seriously here in Austin. In order to track this band I just wonder what it’ll cost me to have all three of these things at once.

No comments: