Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another weekend whizzes by

This is the last couple of days I can watch the QE2’s bridge camera as she makes her final trip to Dubai. So sue me. It hasn’t been an easy week for my health either, but I choose not to belabor the point. The most irritating thing is that my sleep schedule has gone out of whack. I find myself excreted from the tube of sleep at odd hours, unable to resume sleeping and not really any good for work, either.

The only thing I did this last week that amounted to anything seemed to be when I was volunteered to take over the planning for the cruisecritic.com meet & greet for our cruise in January. In the process I discovered a relational database that runs on my iPod Touch. It’s fully featured, with a bunch of templates, and it cost me under $10. Incredible. I’ve been using Bento to put the book in order. (No, there were no missing parts, after 27 years.) But I might migrate the databases for both ORB and the big band to the iPod Touch so I can bring the database to the gig in my pocket.

Here’s a link to the product, HanDBase. So far I am very impressed.

No comments: