Friday, December 5, 2008

24 Hours on the Clock


I’ve had three nights under the mask of my new CPAP machine, and the good news is I’m getting used to the mask. I have lowered the frequency of throwing off the mask at night to twice. That’s progress.

More importantly, I seem to be deriving some benefit from the CPAP already. I’m not waking up to use the bathroom as much as I was. Once I get to sleep--for that’s the struggle still--I’m out for the duration. Certain skin problems seem to be lessening. And on the other side of the ledger, I am quite a bit more alert and awake in the course of the day, notwithstanding my the need for a nap, courtesy of blood thinners prescribed to lower my blood pressure and metabolic rate.

What does all this have to do with the rebirth of the band? I’m trying desperately to get myself another stream of steam to power me through getting the demo done. My experience tells me that I’ll need all the energy I can summon to get to the point where I’ve got a product in hand to sell the band, and I was not heading in that direction before the machine arrived.

For the record, I survived a heart attack in May of 2008, soon after I got back home from nearly 6 months on QE2. I had an ICD installed in June, 2008.

I’m taking Lasix, Coreg, Aldactone, Digoxin, Coumadin, Crestor, Adacan, and Baby Aspirin. I nap twice a day, and the sleep study said I wasn’t doing enough sleeping when I was asleep.

If the CPAP machine can somehow break this cycle, it’ll be well worth it.

No comments: